Family Man Made Right Choice To Move To Australia

Thursday, February 11, 2010 ·

australia visasOne of the many things that came to Darryl March's mind when he was discussing things with his wife in 2005 was migration to Australia. “I was in the country only once before, when I was stationed there for my job. However, even when I first stepped in the country, I knew that this is the place where I would want to bring my family to.”

March, 45, is a systems engineer for a large telecommunications company in the United States. He first went to Australia in 2004 to conduct a study on the proposed expansion of their company into the country. When the company did decide to pursue the expansion, March was one of the lucky employees who were chosen to oversee its operations.

“You can really imagine how happy I was. I was holding my voice when my boss told me about it,” he recalls. “When I told Edith (his wife) about the news, she actually went wild with excitement, that my kids came out of their rooms and asked what happened.”

“When we told them about it, Lenny, my four year-old, was asking 'Really Dad?! So we're gonna see real kangaroos?'” March chuckles. “And my other boy, Emil, was nodding gleefully. We told them that, yes, they would indeed see kangaroos, and they hurriedly went out of the house, telling their friends that they were going to Australia.”

March said that the paperwork for their travel documents was rather fast. “A friend of mine told us about this immigration agent and we immediately contacted him and had him help us. He assured us that getting ourselves a family visa won't take that long, and he actually came to his promise. We had our visa approved only four months after we applied.”

He said that when they got their visa, they immediately set up plans for settling in Australia. “My bosses told us beforehand that our main office will be located in Brisbane, so I already know where to look for a house,” He says. “Luckily, I was able to find one in the suburbs and only a few minutes' drive from my workplace. I read before that it was easy to buy property in Australia, and I actually found out that it is true. The seller and I just got into a small chat and we immediately sealed to deal, which, I tell you, is quite affordable.”

“We moved into Australia in 2007, and I immediately enrolled my kids in the community school in our place. And we were actually able to easily make friends with our neighbors, since Australians are very welcoming to us.”

“It's been three years now since we moved, and my family has greatly adjusted to life here,” he says. “Emil was, in fact, totally engrossed with the boomerang, ever since he first held one when we arrived here. And Lenny has finally seen what a kangaroo really looks like up close.”

Image reference: http://www.moving2australia.net/media/img/gallery/logos/intl_sites/!o-australia.png

immigration australia

0 comments:

Follow me on

Community

Travel Blogs - Blog Rankings
Destinations Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Travel Blogs
blogarama - the blog directory
Join My Community at MyBloglog!

V7N Forum